Is your COVID anxiety becoming serious? See if you have any of these signs that it may be.
Trauma psychologist Shauna Springer sums it up this way “Chronic threat response is an escalation of many of the same symptoms associated with post-traumatic stress — sleep problems, floods of anxiety, irritability, difficulties concentrating and a hair-trigger startle response”
If you have any or all of the following symptoms, then it may be time to come in and discuss them with me:
- Poor sleep
- focusing on bad news
- A loss of interest and pleasure in activities that you used to enjoy
- A feeling of helplessness or
- Crippling anxiety and panic attacks
- Increased use of tobacco or alcohol
- Worsening chronic health problems
- Fear and worry about your own health and the health of your loved ones
There are many options to help you cope with these symptoms, and together we can improve them and allow you to get back to your normal daily activities, without having to deal with these problems.
Book an appointment with Dr.David Manning at Salt Water by phone at 403-851-3919 or online at www.saltwaterwellnesscentre.com